3 April 2021
RIAC — CREON Group Seminar “Prospects for Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the Ecology Sphere”
On April 16, 2021, at 12:00 (MSK), Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) and CREON Group company will hold a seminar on the topic “Prospects for cooperation between Russia and the EU in the ecology sphere”.
Cooperation between Russia and the European Union in ecology and sustainable development field is one of the promising areas of bilateral relations. For Russia and Russian companies, this opens up prospects in the EU energy market and access to technologies for waste processing and production of renewable energy sources. For the European Union and companies from the EU countries, this is an opportunity to import products that meet its environmental standards.
However, the opaque situation regarding the European Border Carbon Mechanism (CBAM) in the background of the EU Green Deal raises a number of questions from government institutions and business representatives on both sides. What are the prospects for bilateral cooperation between Russia and the EU in sustainable development? What will the CBAM look like and when will it work? How will the EU Green Deal affect Russian and European companies in the Russian market? What are the risks for the development of relations between Russia and the EU in the ecology sphere? How will Russian and European business react to European initiatives? Experts and representatives of the business community will answer these and other questions.
- Igor Ivanov, President of the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC);
- Fares Kilzie, Chairman and Founder of CREON Group;
- Markus Ederer, Ambassador of the European Union to Russian Federation;
- Nikolay Kobrinets, Director of the Department of European Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- Igor Makarov, Head of the Department of World Economy, Head of the Laboratory for Economics of Climate Change at Higher School of Economics, RIAC expert;
- Rem Korteweg, Senior Research Fellow at the Clingendael – the Netherlands Institute of International Relations;
- Elena Maslova, senior Research Fellow at the MGIMO Center for European Studies, Senior Research Fellow at IMI MGIMO, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Europe of the Russian Academy of Sciences, RIAC expert;
- Natalya Piskulova, Professor of the Department of International Economic Relations and Foreign Economic Relations at MGIMO University, RIAC expert;
- Business community representatives (Gazprom, Lukoil, En+ Group, ENI and hydrocarbon exporting companies).
- Ivan Timofeev, RIAC Program Director;
- Florian Willershausen, Member of the Management Board, CREON Group.
Working language: English.
The event starts at 12:00 pm (GMT+3) on April 16 via Zoom.