Rational Approach Project
The Rational Approach project is a global campaign to support the ‘green economy’. A flagship within this project, the Transparency Rating of Environmental Responsibility of Oil & Gas Companies in Russia, is being run jointly with our partner, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Russia.
The Mission of the Project
CREON Group fully supports the principles of the ‘green economy’ and is committed to the mission of linking the development of the global energy industry to lower negative impact on the environment. We strongly believe in future environmentalization of oil and gas sector, and we encourage investment in environmentally sustainable projects like processing of associated petroleum gas (APG) or application of liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a marine fuel alternative ho heavy oils in the Arctic. The review of the financial models repeatedly asserts that such projects in ‘green economy’ are attractive and feasible. We lend our full support to our partners in WWF Russia now and in future, and we encourage the global energy community to jointly invest for the best interests of the sustainable development.
Openness and transparency
Help consumers and investors in making decisions to take into account the environmental responsibility of oil and gas companies
Transparency Rating of Environmental Responsibility of Oil & Gas Companies in Russia, launched in 2014
Transparency Rating of Environmental Responsibility of Oil & Gas Companies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, launched in 2017
Global Environmental Transparency Rating of Oil & Gas Companies, launch in 2019
Basic Principles of the Rating
- The rating is based on the criteria specified in the Environmental Standards for Operations of Oil and Gas Companies developed by Russian Non-governmental Nature Conservation Organizations.
- The rating methodology is open to the public. Face-to-face and distant consultations dedicated to improving rating methodology are held annually with all interested parties.
- The rating is calculated considering all oil and gas development segments: production, processing and transportation.
- The rating is based on the data available in public domain.
- The rating calculation is performed by a professional rating agency, which is chosen on tender basis.
- List of the companies for the rating is defined by the volume of production, refinery and transportation of oil, gas condensate and oil products.
- The rating is performed on the annual basis. This allows for estimation of the oil & gas companies environmental indicators dynamics.
Events of the Rational Approach project
17 December 2020
In pursuit of the rating: why the oil business is forced to be environmentally transparent
30 November 2020
The Environmental Transparency Rating of Eurasian oil and gas companies-2020 will be presented on December 4
6 August 2020
The 7th Environmental Transparency Rating Of Oil And Gas Companies: Focus On Public Control